Thursday, January 14, 2010

Generic First Post Title

Okay! Here we go.

It's been a while since I've done the whole blog thing, but with three people recommending a blog, and then another friend posting the link to hers .. I took it as a sign. I'm going to really try to update twice a week, or at very least once a week.. but that all depends on life and such.

Who am I? I'm a starving artist. I've been drawing cartoons/comic since the moment I could hold a pencil. I just recently (June '09) graduated from the Computer Arts - Animation program at Durham College in Ontario. (Yeah, I went to Sheridan, too) The three years at Durham taught me a lot about myself, my art and, of course, animation. I've done short films (one of which was in a festival ;) and dabbled in the world of compositing. It was seriously the best three years of my life and would urge anyone who really has a passion for animation/film/drawing to check them out.

Since graduating, I've done commission work and have continued to try and improve my art. My ultimate goal is to get a comic of my own creation published, but a career in the world of comics would be a very close second. To pay the bills, I'm working part time at a bookstore while I search for an animation/film job. Commission slots are always open, so hit me up with a message if you like what you see!

Okay, that's enough rambling from me!

I thought I'd start off by posting my favourite lady, Annie Jones. I'll do s'more sketch dumps as I go, but here is what I whipped up last night.


Thanks for checking me out! :)

Ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment