Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Another finished piece?!

So early in the week? What is this?!

Yes! I have finally finished the commission I've been working on the last month or so! I will post the description from my DA page:

This was a commission from one of my long time friends! It was a wedding portrait of sorts.. that I kind of took in my own direction.

I set out to do something with an Art Nouveau style. But it kinda grew and changed from there! I did some research and decided I wanted some special meanings within the piece as well.

So we have...

Ivy leaves - Fidelity
Peony - Happy marriage
Sunflower - Adoration, loyalty, longevity
24 red roses - Congratulations (or, 25 if you count the partial one on the left side, for passionate love)

The heart frame is kind of obvious. And the background was from a photo I remember seeing years ago of them out for a hike (I believe) at the top of a hill. :D So I wanted to play on that outdoorsy hobby.

Also tried playing with base coats a little more as well. I think the white came out a lot strong with a blue base rather than a grey!

So overall, I'm very very pleased with this! He seems to be as well, which is the icing on the cake!!


That is all!

~Ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment