Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sketch dump!

So I've opted to challenge myself for the next little while. Or until I get bored. Whichever comes first.

My goal is to focus almost entirely on drawing men because, let's face it, I suck at it. I -need- to get better! Backgrounds and animals/monsters are pretty big on the list right now.. but we can worry about that as time goes on, haha. Anyway, here are the results of my first go at it. Quick note: these are all sketches, so they're super rough and need to be worked out (if I'm planning on inking them, that is!)... so don't judge me too harshly? Haha.



The first was a result of me trying to "create" characters based on celebrities. I decided fairly early on this wasn't going to work with me.. but I'm glad I got this out. It's not perfect, but it's my beloved Robert Downey Jr. ... and I tried out that flipped-up-at-the-front hairstyle, which I'm proud of!



Next two are just... generic dewds. The first was to try at get the torso shapes right. I'm pleased with the way it turned out, even if it's just a gesture!

The second was for funsies. I just wanted to try a "normal" pose. He's actually my favourite of all these little doodles... I think it's his expression. I'm probably going to end up inking (/fixing) him up.



Last one is a doodle of one of my most favourite characters on TV right now! Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out.. so I'll be fixing and inking him up later as well.

Not much else to say.. so.... Catch you guys later!!

~Ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment