Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Iron Man shoes...

So I thought I'd do a little write-up on the process before posting the final shoes (Some photos will be repeated from the previous post)!

The shoes I used for this project were actually provided by the client (which makes my life so much easier, I must say!) But they were an almost.. khaki colour. After taping the bottoms (painter's tape), I started off with a priming coat:

I then went to the back of the shoes. I cut out a stencil of the logo (I went cheap and easy- I just used a card stock file folder I had laying around):

The stencil with the final version.

Next I tackled either side! I used my own arc reactor template from before (which has been surprisingly useful for something I did for a cake project!)

The next part, the front, was the trickiest part of the whole piece. I had to figure out a way to make the image work so that the major focal points (Iron Man himself and the repulsor) were centred properly! And, as longtime followers of my art will note, I NEVER draw robots of any kind, so I had to make sure I was getting this perfect! It's the first thing you look at, after all!

The base drawing (Sorry about the shadow, haha)

After I finished, all that was left was to do a sealer coat to protect the shoes! I'm currently using Americana Acrylic Sealer/Finisher. It's a glossy coat which, if I had the chance to do over, I would not use. I'm going to look into getting a matte finish for it. That's just me nit-picking though. It works quite nicely with the galaxy shoes, however!

Will post the final versions next!


No comments:

Post a Comment